What is Social Networks and Collaboration Networks ?
Big organizations have used social networks by setting up Facebook, twitter, google+, Linkedin pages etc. The idea is that from these networks they can share new products, features, updates and get feedbacks, problems to make the organization more active and competitive by sharing new ideas around the world. For example many organizations have begun utilizing Twitter as a medium to tweet when they have new items or are having a blowout deal to their clients.
Now a days, social networks not only offer marketing channels for communication with customers. They blend into new channels or networks for collaboration and innovation. We have seen the power of collaboration with the advent of Linux which is an open source operating system. It is very advanced software and used by millions of users who are unsatisfied from Microsoft Operating System that is Proprietary software. Linux with it’s various flavours like Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu etc are possible because of software developers around the world who can add and improve the core product collaboratively. The collaborative process increased the level of quality, innovation, speed and more and more new feature added for better and secure Linux. This is just an example. The Github.com is the collaboration of new and professional developers around the world who share their ideas to develop and improve open source software which provides cloud services, tools for collaborating on projects and online troubleshooting of various problems arised.
Challenge for making Social and Collaboration Netowrks
- Changing, updating and pushing code to the server frequently.
- Social and Collaboration Apps capture several data types like comments, photos, geospatial data, authentication and many others which is very hard to store them in a single data store.
- Scalability is the most needed feature for any apps because a corporate app may have hundreds or thousands of users. Separately, cunsumer cloud service or collaboration tool may have to handle and store data for millions of users. So the database must support or scale as needed in the future without any server disturbance.
Challenge for making E-commerce and Security Apps
E-commerce web applications contain product and Asset Catalogs which contain lists of products, property, assets, inventory and other goods, as well as the associated metadata. For example Ebay, Amazon websites. For them security is the must otherwise it’s not possible to launch online. These security tools can identify fraud, prevent attacks on digital and physical assets from malicious spams and unauthorized individuals e.g. fraud detection, anti-terrorism and compliance or cyberthreat analysis.
For e-commerce, assets used by the business today may change tomorrow. Likewise database has to track hundreds of pre and postpaid plans, thousands of smartphones, tablets and accessories which cannot be stored into a single database easily considering scalability. Website visitors or customers search and browse catalog of products with dozens of dimensions, brands, size, price and color. There may be billions of records which is very difficult to query using any relational database.
Again security is the top-most priority of e-commerce site. Attackers are very smart and tech savvy so they have the expertise and resources to create threats bypassing current detection methods. So new security measures should always be researched for protecting valuable clients online. Implementing these measure into each and every products and transactions is very hard using the database in a relational world.
Single server cannot handle it and need several internal servers, routers and applications serving tens of terabytes a day. For a relational database, handling such amount of data is a big headache.
- One of the main power of MongoDb is it’s Dynamic schemas which make it possible to adapt any app and database in tandem to change, update and push.
- MongoDB can store complex data structure like Documents or Documents inside documents which is very flexible so you can capture comments, photos, geospatial data, authorization or login credentials and anything else all in one place.
- As it is json-based which is itself a powerful query language with no need of external tools for parsing, indexing and analytics which make it easy to serve up the right data swiftly to the right user at the right time.